Find your questions—and the answers—here.
- Q: What is Presto?
- Q: Do I need a Presto account to send email to a Printing Mailbox user?
- Q: Do I need a Presto account to receive email on my Printing Mailbox?
- Q: How do I sign up for a Presto account?
- Q: How do I set up a Printing Mailbox?
- Q: Where can I buy the Printing Mailbox?
- Q: What is a security code? How do I know if I need one?
- Q: How do I know when the Printing Mailbox is ready to receive messages?
- Q: Does the Printing Mailbox require a dedicated phone line?
- Q: How can I get the Printing Mailbox User Guide online?
- Q: How can I get the Setup Poster online?
- Q: Is Presto available outside the United States?
- Q: Can I move my Printing Mailbox to another location with a different phone number?
- Q: How do I connect the Printing Mailbox if I have DSL service in my home?
- Q: I have digital phone service from my cable company. Will Presto work?
- Q: How do I determine what type of phone service I have?
- Q: Will the Printing Mailbox work on a phone line that requires you to dial a number to get an outside line?
A: PrestoSM is a combination of the Presto Service and the Presto Printing Mailbox. It allows you to send email, photos, and content to people who don't have a computer or Internet connection. Click here to learn more. If you would like to learn more about how to send email using Presto, click here and use the Presto Mail Preview tool.
A: No. You can send email to a Printing Mailbox user if you are included on their Presto Friends list. Please contact the Printing Mailbox user and request that they add you to their Presto Friends list.
A: You must have an account with Presto and a Presto email address to receive messages. If you haven't set up your account yet, you can do so now by going to www.presto.com.
A: Go to www.presto.com and follow the step-by-step instructions.
A: Click here to download the Setup Poster.
A: The Printing Mailbox can be purchased online at www.presto.com.
A: To ensure the accurate delivery of messages, the Presto Service automatically gives each Printing Mailbox a unique security code. If the Printing Mailbox has printed a welcome page with a security code, please proceed as follows:
- Step 1 - Sign in to your Presto account at: account.presto.com
- Step 2 - Click the Printing Mailbox Settings button
- Step 3 - Click the Security tab
- Step 4 - Enter your security code and press Save
If you don't already have an account, you’ll need to create one. Getting started is easy: go to www.presto.com and follow the step-by-step instructions.
A: If the blue light on the front corner of the Printing Mailbox is on and you've received a Presto Bulletin indicating that you can receive email, you're good to go! Remember your Printing Mailbox must be plugged in and connected to a phone line at all times to receive messages.
A: No, a separate, dedicated phone line is not required. The Printing Mailbox can share the phone jack with your analog telephone without interrupting your normal phone service.
- Step 1 - Connect a phone cable from the Printing Mailbox (from the jack labeled “1-Line” on the Printing Mailbox) to the wall jack as indicated below.
- Step 2 - Connect a second phone cable from the Printing Mailbox (from the jack labeled “2-Ext”) to your phone as indicated below.
A: You can download the User Guide by clicking here.
A: You can download the Setup Poster by clicking here.
A: Currently the Printing Mailbox must be connected to a phone line in the United States. However, email can be sent to a Printing Mailbox user from anywhere in the world. While we plan to expand our current coverage area in the future, we do not have any timeline as to when we will provide service to any other countries.
A: Sure. Just connect your device to the new phone line. There is no need to change anything in your account setup.
A: If you have DSL in your home, you will need to use a line filter with your Printing Mailbox. Plug your Printing Mailbox into the filter and the filter into the phone jack in the wall.
A. Presto has been developed and tested to work with traditional (analog) phone lines. Some customers have successfully used Presto with a digital phone line from their cable company. However, due to the many different configurations, adapters and providers, we cannot say with certainty if your particular combination will work. You may need a digital phone line-to-analog converter device.
A. If you are unsure if you have analog, digital, or VoIP service, please contact your phone service provider.
Q: Will the Printing Mailbox work on a phone line that requires you to dial a number to get an outside line?
A: If you need to dial either an 8 or a 9 to reach an outside line, your Printing Mailbox will work automatically. When you first set up the Printing Mailbox and plug it into your telephone jack, it will detect that your phone system requires you to dial an extra number to reach an outside line. This may cause a delay (up to 24 hours) reaching the Presto Service for the first time.
However, once the Printing Mailbox has successfully connected to the Presto Service, it will continue to check for messages on schedule. If your phone system requires you to dial a number other than an 8 or a 9 to reach an outside line, please contact Presto Customer Care at (800) 919-3199 between 6:30am-3:30pm (PT) Monday-Friday.